Translation of manly in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1Example sentences
- By the antebellum decades, westward migration had become a symbol of manly courage and adventure.
- The storyline is linear - easy enough for a child to follow - and the themes are clear and basic, touting manly courage, endurance, and noble suffering.
- He was powerfully built, tall and brown, with straight black hair to his shoulders, radiating a manly beauty and inner strength that was unearthly in its intensity.
- Boys thus engaged in simulated manly activities under the watchful maternal eye rather than in the traditional father/son apprenticeship role.
- Informally, Pinchot had been working in a manly way for a long time by throwing himself into any outdoor activity that required great physical vigor.
- Both the women and the foreman defended this practice because they said the work was heavier and therefore it was more manly work and should pay more.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.