Translation of mannequin in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dummy) maniquí (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (fashion model) maniquí (feminine), modelo (feminine)
- Once I was able to sift through, I found I was surrounded by mannequins displaying the newest Berliner collection.
- Never mind the clothes - you need only look at the mannequins in shop windows to feel obese.
- What is striking in these Renaissance representations, and in the mannequins displayed outside, is the Venetian aristocracy's preference for dressing their African servants in lavish courtly attire.
- Driven by the powerful grey consumer, modelling agencies with elderly mannequins are proliferating, and supermodels are making way for silver-haired ones as the advertising industry becomes attuned to the aging reality.
- There was moving art in the form of mannequins modeling Megan Waterman's fashion creations.
- She is what is known in the fashion industry as a fit model or live mannequin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.