Translation of manner in Spanish:
- 1 (way, fashion) he was behaving in a ridiculous mannerit's just a manner of speakingse estaba comportando de forma or manera ridícula or de modo ridículodid you solve the problem? — in a manner of speakinges un decir(as) to the manner born¿resolviste el problema? — en cierto modo or en cierta medida or hasta cierto puntocomo si hubiera nacido para elloExample sentences
- They brighten the streets and fasten the scenery together in the unobtrusive manner of true cultural icons.
- Fortunately, individual lions can be dependably identified in an unobtrusive manner.
- In a gruesome act of fate, the star famed for that role met her untimely death in a similar manner, but by accident, on December 8, 1971.
- 2 2.1 (bearing, demeanor) she has an abrupt mannera good telephone manner is essentiales brusca2.2 (style) (Art) the house was decorated in the French manneres imprescindible tener buen trato por teléfonoafter the manner of Jenksla casa estaba decorada al or en estilo francésal estilo de JenksExample sentences
- Bollinger was ‘working’ in these pictures, but not in the manner of the other artists Fiore depicted.
- It is largely devoted to an account of the battle of Actium, but tells it all in the manner of Callimachus, a style wholly unsuited to the subject-matter.
- These new works are a bold push forward, and they show the artist entering into the world of storytelling in the manner of a heartsick troubadour.
- 4also: manners plural4.1 (personal conduct) didn't they teach you (any) manners at school?have you forgotten your manners?¿no te enseñaron modales en el colegio?it's (good) manners to say 'please'¿dónde están tus modales?it's bad manners to pointes de buena educación decir 'por favor'manners!es (de) mala educación señalar con el dedo4.2 (lifestyle) [formal]¡qué modales son esos!a comedy of manners (Literat)costumbres (feminine plural)una comedia costumbristaExample sentences
- I am going to make extra effort to use good manners and proper social behavior.
- I promise to practice good manners and good behaviour and not to lead a life of idleness.
- To be aggressive in behaviour, arrogant in manners and harsh in language is a manifestation of savagery.
- Undoubtedly his manner towards Shackleton must have appeared quite subservient.
- His characteristic manner soon brought customers from near and far and his perfectness in hair styling was always much admired.
- She probably had a pretty face to start with, but her manner and grace was quite a study in femininity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.