Translation of mantelpiece in Spanish:
- 1 (shelf)repisa (feminine) de la chimeneaExample sentences
- The mantelpiece above the fireplace was mahogany, and a ruby figurine of a dancing girl stood at one end, the amethyst twin at the other.
- Family mementos and photographs were carefully spaced along the mantelpiece above a gas fireplace.
- The exhibition will see tables, fireplaces and mantelpieces overflow with more than 40 arrangements inspired by original horticultural designs.
- 2 (fireplace)Example sentences
- The drawing room overlooks the front garden and features an original fireplace with a marble mantlepiece and cast iron inset.
- The attic space in each house is illuminated by three fitted Velux windows and there are limestone fireplaces and marble mantelpieces throughout.
- Olivia leans against the marble mantelpiece, above which once hung a huge painting of herself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.