- 1.1 (shelf) repisa (feminine) de la chimeneaMore example sentences1.2 (fireplace) chimenea (feminine)
More example sentences
- The mantelpiece above the fireplace was mahogany, and a ruby figurine of a dancing girl stood at one end, the amethyst twin at the other.
- Family mementos and photographs were carefully spaced along the mantelpiece above a gas fireplace.
- The exhibition will see tables, fireplaces and mantelpieces overflow with more than 40 arrangements inspired by original horticultural designs.
- The drawing room overlooks the front garden and features an original fireplace with a marble mantlepiece and cast iron inset.
- The attic space in each house is illuminated by three fitted Velux windows and there are limestone fireplaces and marble mantelpieces throughout.
- Olivia leans against the marble mantelpiece, above which once hung a huge painting of herself.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.