transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (produce) [cars/toys] fabricar*, manufacturar; [clothes] confeccionar; [foodstuffs] elaborar, producir* manufactured goods productos (masculine plural) manufacturados, manufacturas (feminine plural)More example sentences1.2 (create artificially) [alibi/myth] fabricar*
More example sentences
- Cultural products were manufactured on a mass scale, marketed by advertising, made ever more accessible by revolutions in technology.
- MSG is manufactured on a large scale in many countries - total world output is said now to be well over a quarter of a million tonnes per year.
- Most imitation guns are specifically manufactured to be exact replicas.
- Meanwhile, with the parts I had left over I approached Mr Tony and manufactured this news story.
- But equally certainly it was just the sort of story that would be manufactured by his enemies to do him mischief.
- All the details of the story turned out to be false and manufactured by the reporter himself.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) fabricación (feminine), manufactura (feminine); (of clothes) confección (feminine); (of foodstuffs) elaboración (feminine), producción (feminine) the engine is of Italian manufacture el motor es de fabricación italiana 1.2 countable/numerable(manufactures plural)(goods) productos (masculine plural) manufacturados, manufacturas (feminine plural)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.