Translation of marathon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] maratón (masculine or feminine)Example sentences1.2 (endurance test) concurso (masculine) de resistencia; (before noun/delante del nombre) [performance/debate/speech] maratoniano
- She swapped track for road, became a marathon runner, ran three marathons and won the lot.
- All modern marathons have been 26 miles 385 yards long ever since.
- Before the 1970s only highly trained athletes ran more than 5 miles, then along came jogging and now ordinary people commonly run marathons of 26 miles.
- When I got there, though, the marathon of confusion began: The symptoms kept changing but not the effect.
- She embarks on TV marathons where the set is fixed at volumes making sure none would sleep.
- The BBC is planning to embark upon a similar marathon to choose the nation's favourite books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas