Translation of margin in Spanish:
- 1 countable (on page, typewriter) write it in the marginescríbalo al margento set the marginsfijar los márgenes(before noun) margin release (key)
marginarliberador (masculine) del margenmargin setmarginador (masculine)Example sentences
- This is fairly easy to accomplish by defining a bounding rectangle for the text that is the same width as the space between the page margins.
- The holes are far greater than the space in this book given over to noticeably wide margins and blank space.
- Folding down the corners of pages, scribbling in margins and breaking the spines of paperbacks are signs of a barbarian.
- 2 2.1 countable or uncountable (leeway) he won by a narrow/wide/comfortable marginganó por un escaso margen/con un amplio margen/holgadamentemargin of error/safetymargen de error/de seguridadExample sentences2.2 uncountable (Business) (of profit) to buy on margin
comprar (valores) a crédito(before noun) margin accountcuenta (feminine) de margenExample sentences
- In fact, one of the roots of my concern is that nobody will know for sure when the safety margin has been eroded too far.
- Protein recommendations for athletes are commonly expressed in a range to include a safety margin.
- Be sure your available runway length provides an adequate margin for safety.
- At the same time, the IRA said, the firms are passing on their increased costs to consumers and increasing their own margins and profits.
- What's more, many banks sneakily use base-rate changes to increase their margins and profits.
- There could be some pleasant news with respect to operating profits as revenues continue to grow and margins increase.
- 3 (fringe) (often plural)(of lake) margen (feminine)(of society, debate) margen (masculine)they live on the margin(s) of societyviven marginadosExample sentences
- Many are forced to leave their families and lead a precarious existence living on the margins of society.
- In plan-form the dune has an irregular outline but the eastern margin is more complex and irregular than the western edge.
- Because Australia has a broad continental shelf it lobbied to have this zone extend to the outer edge of the margin.
- Even without the threat of war, an operation of this size presses at the margins of possibility.
- Yet the fact that he's about to shoot a new feature in colour with Bill Murray and other prominent stars also suggests he's willing to push the limits of those margins.
- It can explore the margins and limits of the text and of classical theatre, and in the process demystify, even kill the text and the author and his authority.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.