- 1 countable/numerable (on page, typewriter) margen (masculine) write it in the margin escríbalo al margen to set the margins fijar los márgenes, marginar (before noun/delante del nombre) margin release (key) liberador (masculine) del margen margin set marginador (masculine)More example sentences
- This is fairly easy to accomplish by defining a bounding rectangle for the text that is the same width as the space between the page margins.
- The holes are far greater than the space in this book given over to noticeably wide margins and blank space.
- Folding down the corners of pages, scribbling in margins and breaking the spines of paperbacks are signs of a barbarian.
- 2 2.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (leeway) margen (masculine) he won by a narrow/wide/comfortable margin ganó por un escaso margen/con un amplio margen/holgadamente margin of error/safety margen de error/de seguridad 2.2 uncountable/no numerable [Business/Comercio] (of profit) margen (masculine) (de ganancia or de beneficio) to buy on margin comprar (valores) a crédito (before noun/delante del nombre) margin account cuenta (feminine) de margenMore example sentences
More example sentences
- At the same time, the IRA said, the firms are passing on their increased costs to consumers and increasing their own margins and profits.
- What's more, many banks sneakily use base-rate changes to increase their margins and profits.
- There could be some pleasant news with respect to operating profits as revenues continue to grow and margins increase.
- In fact, one of the roots of my concern is that nobody will know for sure when the safety margin has been eroded too far.
- Protein recommendations for athletes are commonly expressed in a range to include a safety margin.
- Be sure your available runway length provides an adequate margin for safety.
- 3 (fringe — of lake) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) margen (f); (— of society, debate) margen (m) they live on the margin(s) of society viven marginadosMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Many are forced to leave their families and lead a precarious existence living on the margins of society.
- In plan-form the dune has an irregular outline but the eastern margin is more complex and irregular than the western edge.
- Because Australia has a broad continental shelf it lobbied to have this zone extend to the outer edge of the margin.
- Even without the threat of war, an operation of this size presses at the margins of possibility.
- Yet the fact that he's about to shoot a new feature in colour with Bill Murray and other prominent stars also suggests he's willing to push the limits of those margins.
- It can explore the margins and limits of the text and of classical theatre, and in the process demystify, even kill the text and the author and his authority.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.