Translation of marine in Spanish:
- 1also: Marine(Military) the Marines(in US) los marines(in UK) infantería (feminine) de marinayou can tell that to the marines! [colloquial]¡a otro perro con ese hueso! [colloquial]Example sentences
- Men who are recently out of the army or marines are favored to play hostile gunmen.
- Seven other marines from 3 Commando Brigade and four American soldiers also died.
- I went to live with my aunt's dad, who was a drill sergeant in the marines, and he tried to turn me into a soldier.
adjective before noun
del marExample sentences
- After a period of teaching, he arrived in Wales in 1959 to study marine biology and bio-chemistry.
- That included studying marine biology at university and even becoming an actor for a few years, which established his love of the theatre.
- Whale Study Week includes boat trips as well as classes in whale biology and general marine ecology.
- No one was injured and there just happened to be a qualified marine repairman on the dock when we put the boat into its slip.
- As almost everyone knows, Trinidad is the place to have marine parts shipped in.
- The same procedure is used when placing calls via the marine operator to shoreside telephones.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.