Translation of marine in Spanish:
- 1.1also: Marine(Military) the Marines(in US)you can tell that to the marines! [colloquial]los marines1.2 (fleet) See examples: the merchant o mercantile marine¡a otro perro con ese hueso! [colloquial]la marina mercanteExample sentences
- Men who are recently out of the army or marines are favored to play hostile gunmen.
- Seven other marines from 3 Commando Brigade and four American soldiers also died.
- I went to live with my aunt's dad, who was a drill sergeant in the marines, and he tried to turn me into a soldier.
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1(organisms/biology/life)(engineering)1.2del mar(accident/insurance)Example sentences
- After a period of teaching, he arrived in Wales in 1959 to study marine biology and bio-chemistry.
- That included studying marine biology at university and even becoming an actor for a few years, which established his love of the theatre.
- Whale Study Week includes boat trips as well as classes in whale biology and general marine ecology.
- No one was injured and there just happened to be a qualified marine repairman on the dock when we put the boat into its slip.
- As almost everyone knows, Trinidad is the place to have marine parts shipped in.
- The same procedure is used when placing calls via the marine operator to shoreside telephones.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.