Translation of market in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 (trading activity) the property/oil marketthe wholesale/retail marketel mercado inmobiliario/del petróleothe export marketel mercado al por mayor/al por menorif you were to buy it on the open marketel mercado de la exportaciónto be on/come on (to) the marketsi tuvieras que pagar el precio de mercadoto put a product on the marketestar/salir a la ventawe put the house on the market at $320,000lanzar un producto al mercadothey're in the market for semiconductorspusimos la casa en venta en $320.000a buyer's/seller's marketestán buscando semiconductoresmarket opportunityun mercado favorable al comprador/al vendedormarket penetrationoportunidad (feminine) de mercadomarket potentialpenetración (feminine) de mercadomarket rentpotencial (masculine) de mercadomarket resistancealquiler (masculine) según la demandamarket study market surveyresistencia (feminine) del mercadomarket trendencuesta (feminine) de mercado2.2 (area of business) the Japanese markettendencia (feminine) de mercado(before noun) a market leaderel mercado japonés2.3 (demand) See examples: they have created a market for their productsun líder del mercado or de su sector en el mercadothe market for steelhan creado un mercado para sus productosla demanda de aceroExample sentences
- And she doesn't believe there's a market for landscapers in the native-plant industry.
- There's a market for it and it's kind of a sequel to the cassette culture of the '80s and early '90s.
- An East Lancashire businessman who has run lap-dancing bars in towns and cities said there simply wasn't a market for it in Blackburn.
- Despite the rumours and the negative air in the trade, the pub market held its own during the first six months of this year.
- With the economy slowing, and a flood of tail-end boom cars being traded in, the market is in a state of flux.
- When any asset becomes that valuable, the market usually responds by trading the asset.
- 3also: stock marketa rising/falling marketto play the market to corner the market (in something)un mercado alcista/bajista(before noun) market analyst market reporthacerse con el mercado (de algo)informe (masculine) de mercadoExample sentences
- Science has shown that Canadian beef is safe, yet export markets remain closed.
- But there is no reason to expect a house price boom - particularly if the labour market and wages growth remain subdued.
- The labour market remains fairly tight and employers always have to be on the look-out for new sources of employees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.