Translation of marriage in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) she tried to prevent their marriagetrató de impedir que se casaranmarriage
tosomebodycasamiento (masculine) or [formal] enlace (masculine)marriage vows conalguienvotos (masculine plural) matrimonialesExample sentences1.2 uncountable or countable (relationship, state) marriage
- Improving your marriage brings great rewards.
- Strong marriages or partnerships do not just happen; they require effort.
- She seems to have painted little after her marriage in 1640.
tosomebodyher marriage to the poet lasted two yearsestuvo dos años casada con el poetaa marriage of convenienceun matrimonio de convenienciasto be related by marriageser parientes políticos or por afinidadwe're cousins by marriagesomos primos políticoshe gave him his daughter in marriagele entregó a su hija en matrimonio(before noun) marriage counseling o (British English) guidance marriage counselor o (British English) marriage guidance counsellorExample sentences
- But with large numbers of unions still ending in divorce and many couples choosing to cohabit and raise children out of wedlock, has marriage had its day?
- People often pose the question in terms of social equality, but marriage is also an institution of economic rights.
- It's a very American piece, like a sketch show, a revue about love, dating, marriage, children, divorce, death, so we go from being eight to 80 in the show.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.