Translation of marrow in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable(bone marrow)médula (feminine), tuétano (masculine) frozen o chilled to the marrow helado hasta la médulaExample sentences
- Stem cells have been isolated from the central nervous system, bone marrow, and blood of adults.
- In general, magnetic resonance is excellent for imaging soft tissue and bone marrow.
- During a transplant, healthy bone marrow will be fed into your blood stream.
- 2 countable/numerable marrow squash o (British English/inglés británico) marrow [Cookery/Cocina][ tipo de calabaza alargada y de cáscara verde ]Example sentences
- Other specialist bags have been developed especially for salads and vegetables including even marrows and courgettes.
- Lots of vegetables should be ready to harvest now including marrows, onions and sweetcorn.
- Unripe fruits are cooked as a vegetable in the same way as marrows.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.