Translation of marshal in Spanish:
- 2 (as title) (US) 2.1(police chief) jefe (-fa) (masculine, feminine) de policía(fire chief) jefe (-fa) (masculine, feminine) de bomberosExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (Law)
- They were refused entry to the tavern and immediately went to the Canton Station in search of the Police Marshal.
(supervisor de los tribunales de un distrito judicial)Example sentences
- As building inspectors, fire marshals and riot police rally against them, the squatters continue to fight for decent shelter and survival.
- The authority for fire regulations for each state is governed either by the fire marshal or the state department of health.
- A local fire department or state fire marshal's office can provide guidance on the minimum legal requirements.
- He knew that social status depended on landed wealth, so he fixed high salaries for marshals, judges, and bishops, and membership of legislative or representative bodies was limited to the rich.
- The judge, marshal supervisor, prosecutor and other participants develop a plan designed to anticipate the security needs during trial.
- 3 (at public gathering)miembro (masculine) del servicio de vigilanciaExample sentences
- More than 400 people will be supporting the event, many being reunited after working as marshals during the Commonwealth Games.
- Surveys show that drivers and the public all want marshals and someone has to pay.
- They appoint their own marshals, who control the annual get-together.
transitive verb (British) marshalling marshalled
- 1 (muster)(troops/crowd)
armarse deExample sentences
- He recruited and marshalled the troops and issued their orders.
- Behind his affable, bluff demeanour and disingenuous screen image, one senses he is the master of all he surveys, not quite the lone reporter, rather a general marshalling an army of researchers.
- He scored 41 runs, took a diving catch and put in a tight bowling spell - and generally marshalled his troops effectively throughout.
- And marshal your facts and arrange your thoughts, so you can present a logical argument to the readers.
- He marshals facts and arguments in numbered order.
- These facts are marshalled to produce the opposite of the truth.
- 2 (organize)(thoughts/arguments)
poner en orden(evidence)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.