Translation of martyr in Spanish:
- he died a martyrhe's a martyr to arthritisfue mártirto play the martyrla artritis lo tiene martirizadoExample sentences
- Those who love to play the martyr submerge their own personalities. They devote a lifetime to unnecessary servitude and privation.
- He seemed to embrace the role of the free-speech martyr.
- Don't let yourself become attached to a martyr complex.
- (usually passive) to be martyredsufrir el martirioExample sentences
- ‘Our two security guards were martyred and the suicide bomber was killed,’ said the witness.
- He fought tooth and nail with terrorists killing three of them, but at last he was martyred.
- However, in 1539 he was martyred, being burnt alive in Innsbruck on direct orders from Emperor Ferdinand I.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.