Translation of mash in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (mashed potato) (British English) [colloquial]puré (masculine) de papas or (Spain) de patatasExample sentences
- This dish is perfect served with creamy mash and buttered cabbage.
- She did sausages and mash and toad in the hole - that was one of our favourites.
- Opt for simple comforting English fare like fish-finger sarnies with ketchup, or Cornish pasties and sausage and mash.
- 2 uncountable or countable (animal feed) (Agriculture)Example sentences
- If no pasture is available then the mare will have to be fed a bran mash to keep the feces loose.
- Protein-rich worm feed and chicken mash are added for supplements.
- She slowly transferred them to Pro-nutro then growing mash and finally garden bird seed.
- 3 uncountable or countable (in brewing)Example sentences
- I suspect that the reason the recipe calls for a large amount of sugar in the wort is that this mash doesn't produce enough fermentable sugars to make beer.
- The ideal pH of the wort, which is the mash soaked in hot water, is about 4.7.
- To make the mash, the malted barley is crushed between rollers and then wet with hot water, at around 65°C.
- (Cookery)(potatoes/bananas)mashed potato(es)
hacer puré de
moler (Chile) (Mexico)
pisar (River Plate area) (Venezuela)
espichar (Colombia)puré (masculine) de papas or (Spain) de patatasExample sentences
- With a potato masher, mash the tomatoes and bread together.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mash bananas until mushy.
- You may use steamed and mashed homemade foods or baby foods from jars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.