Translation of mash in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (mashed potato) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], puré (masculine) de papas or (Spain/España) de patatas, naco (masculine) (Colombia)Example sentences1.2 u and c (animal feed) [Agric] afrecho (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 u and c (in brewing) malta (feminine)
- This dish is perfect served with creamy mash and buttered cabbage.
- She did sausages and mash and toad in the hole - that was one of our favourites.
- Opt for simple comforting English fare like fish-finger sarnies with ketchup, or Cornish pasties and sausage and mash.
- If no pasture is available then the mare will have to be fed a bran mash to keep the feces loose.
- Protein-rich worm feed and chicken mash are added for supplements.
- She slowly transferred them to Pro-nutro then growing mash and finally garden bird seed.
- I suspect that the reason the recipe calls for a large amount of sugar in the wort is that this mash doesn't produce enough fermentable sugars to make beer.
- The ideal pH of the wort, which is the mash soaked in hot water, is about 4.7.
- To make the mash, the malted barley is crushed between rollers and then wet with hot water, at around 65°C.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Cookery/Cocina] [potatoes/bananas] hacer* puré de, moler (Chile) (Mexico/México) , chafar (Spain/España) , pisar (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) (Venezuela) , espichar (Colombia) mashed potato(es) puré (masculine) de papas or (Spain/España) de patatas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.