Translation of mask in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for ritual, disguise)also: domino maskExample sentences1.2 (in fencing, ice-hockey)
- Even the tots wore their costumes and enjoyed the fun, peering through their grotesque masks, and frightening their elders.
- It promises to be a wacky race featuring disguises and masks and neo-virginal veils of innocence.
- Some put on frightening masks, some had their faces tattooed with scary figures while a few had horns growing out of their heads.
gafas (feminine plural) or anteojos (masculine plural) de bucear or de buceo(against dust, fumes)
mascarilla (feminine)Example sentences
- Wear a protective mask, covering nose and mouth, to decrease the percentage of polluted air breathed.
- Patients should wear a mask during transport from the ward to the surgical suite, if possible.
- The gauze mask helped protect her burned face until she could receive treatment in hospital.
Example sentences1.3 (cosmetic)
- The Ukranian marksman seems reluctant to play with a protective mask, and will in all probability miss out to be replaced again by Jon Dahl Tomasson.
- But he also noted that catchers didn't always wear masks, and neither did hockey goaltenders.
- The umpire took his mask off and gave me a look, knowing that it was a purpose pitch.
mascarilla (feminine) or máscara (feminine) (facial)1.4 (façade) to drop the maskquitarse la máscaraExample sentences
- Jemma said she wanted to be injected, but on the morning of her operation this proved difficult and she had to inhale anaesthetic via a mask.
- Always wear a dust mask or respirator when using a sander to prevent inhalation of sawdust.
- The fan is powered and configured with the exterior of the filter body to aid in drawing air through the filter media of the mask.
- Of course, everyone wearing masks that hid their true intentions didn't help much.
- Personal conflict chipped away at the mask that hid her true persona from the world.
- The best analogy I can think of is that I was looking for a mask to conceal my true feelings.
- 2 (Photography)Example sentences
- If a diffused edge is preferred on the image, the mask can be placed on top of the glass rather than under it.
- You may notice that the entire image has the unsharp mask applied to it beforehand.
- The images are quite large (600x400 pixels), but when you load the masks, they conform to the size of your photo.
- 1.1 (conceal) trees masked the building (from view)los árboles ocultaban or no dejaban ver el edificiothese figures mask the extent of the problemestas cifras encubren or ocultan la magnitud del problemashe tried to mask her disappointmenttrató de disimular su decepción1.2 (cover)Example sentences
- The rider's features couldn't be seen because of the large cloak masking its face.
- Their faces were masked by the thick helmets that enveloped their heads.
- His face was masked by a grey scarf and dark woollen hat and he was wearing dark trousers, a dark knee-length coat and black trainers with white stripes.
- She masked herself from view as she went through a hallway and entered a large bright room.
- Trees masking cameras will be pruned to improve the view and community groups such as Homewatch will be developed.
- Depending on design, they can mask undesirable sights or highlight attractive views.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.