- 1 (bulk, body) her hair was a mass of curlstenía la cabeza cubierta de rizosthe cherry tree was a mass of pinkel cerezo era una nube de flores rosaa mass of contradictionsun cúmulo de contradiccionesin the massen masa
en conjuntoExample sentences
- At the opposite end of what passed for the main street of the village, a group of the attackers had gathered, a mass of dark shapes and forms.
- The townspeople moved as quickly as they could to get back to their homes, and the main street was just a mass of dark forms running and fleeing.
- The sky was a dome of darkness over their heads, the stars blotted out by a mass of thick, dark clouds.
- Sue now provides this, making use of a mass of hitherto unused material.
- The editor has a mass of material from which the text is now extracted.
- It is not only encyclopaedias, dictionaries, and libraries that create the illusion of a semblance of order from a mass of chaotic and random materials.
- 4 countable alsoalso: Mass(Music, Religion) to go to mass to say/hear massdecir/oír misaa sung/Latin/nuptial massuna misa cantada/en latín/de esponsalesExample sentences
- Ideal Christmas gifts will be on sale next weekend at all Masses in the Church of the Immaculate Conception.
- The Masses and other ceremonies in the Church of the Most Holy Rosary this Christmas had full congregations.
- Preparations for First Holy Communion began at all Masses in the parish church last Sunday week.
- In many areas mine warfare is replacing massed armies facing each other across vast plains.
- In both cases, you have a mobile army massing and maneuvering against static defensive positions.
- During this performance the assembled pipers and drummers will play together in one massed pipe band.
- (before noun)(culture/market/communications)
de masas(hysteria/hypnosis/suicide)a newspaper with a mass circulation
colectivoun periódico de circulación masivaa mass escapeuna huida en masaa mass meetinguna reunión de todo el personal ( or el estudiantado etc. )Example sentences
- Here conventionality is a contributing factor to the novel's success; these are universal themes with mass appeal.
- Nearly forty people were in hospital today and a further 50 are believed to be affected by a mass outbreak of food poisoning.
- Uncertain as to where to go or what to do, they eventually become part of the mass exodus of refugees fleeing for their very lives.