Translation of massacre in Spanish:
- 1 (slaughter)Example sentences
- In retaliation to killings of northerners in the South, the military rulers massacred thousands of southerners and many were brutally tortured.
- We would massacre their cities, killing woman and children, and they would do the same.
- Then criminal responsibility would in fact be much clearer than it would be if soldiers had massacred civilians in violation of orders.
- 2 (defeat heavily) [colloquial](opponent/team)
aniquilar [colloquial]Example sentences
- Yesterday, however, the triple Olympic champion turned up at the start of the women's time-trial and massacred the opposition to retain the second of her titles.
- In 81 overs the Nalandians massacred the Royal bowlers to post a massive 315 for six wickets when stumps were drawn.
- After taking some time to play himself in, he simply massacred the bowlers and England were put to the sword.
- Both gaze lovingly at their partner in the audience as they massacre bad ballads.
- I think it appropriate to note that the song was not written by Joan, especially since there are people who feel that Joan massacred the song.
- The orchestra didn't help matters and massacred the song completely and turned the guitar solo into a joke.
nouncountable and uncountable
- 1 (murder)Example sentences
- It was a slow slaughter, peppered with massacres and atrocities from which whole generations are still recovering.
- Nothing else can describe such brutal massacres, such wanton destruction.
- I thought that I had seen one tiny corner of an indiscriminate massacre of students and intellectuals, a bloodbath.
- 2 (heavy defeat) [colloquial]paliza (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- We discovered in the massacre at Macclesfield that all teams can look poor going backwards, and Longton were certainly no exception.
- It was a massacre.. Australia smashed England out of the park in the batting and then took the major wickets in short order.
- It was a massacre. When a team wins 38-14, on the road, without forcing a single defensive turnover, you know it has been a one-sided game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.