- 1.1 (of rushes, straw) estera (f), esterilla (f)(door mat)felpudo (m), tapete (m) (Colombia, Mexico/Colombia, México)(bath mat)alfombrilla (f) or alfombrita (f) or (Colombia, Mexico/Colombia, México) tapete (masculine) del baño(tablemat)(individual) (mantel (m)) individual (m); (in center of table) salvamanteles (m), posafuentes (m) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) rubber mat colchoneta (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of hair) maraña (feminine)
More example sentences
- He is clearing the cards, the chips, the checkered mat off the table, putting them neatly into a briefcase.
- In four years, there was just the one breakthrough: the cork mat.
- I looked at the living room we were sitting in, noticing that the main color was red and beige and even the eating table had red mats on it.
- I will need some moisture mats - thick layers of hemp fibre matting which sit on top of the waste.
- After the clear-cutting, the north slope germinated a thick mat of young Douglas fir and larch.
- They both had thick mats of curly blonde hair that had a tendency to get thick with dust and dirt, and they were both husky and cleverly ugly.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
- (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to be matted [fur/fibers] estar* apelmazado his hair was matted and dirty tenía el pelo enmarañado y sucioMore example sentences
- Her sandy hair was matted and tangled, but her eyes shone with crystal clear radiance.
- Her hair was all matted down and tangled, and I couldn't start to imagine her taking less than an hour to fix it.
- By now, the sun is up and angrily drying up your sweat, matting your hair and hardening your uniform.
- [fur/carpet] apelmazarse*; [hair] enmarañarseMore example sentences
- At night, protect your hair with a satin scarf, bonnet or pillowcase, which prevents split ends, tangling and matting, and preserves your hair style.
- This step can prevent your hair from thinning, matting or breaking.
- Daily brushing is almost mandatory to keep the hair from matting up.