Translation of matchmaker in Spanish:
- 1.1 (marriage arranger — woman) celestina (feminine), casamentera (feminine); (— man) casamentero (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] promotor, (masculine, feminine)
- Other men asked a matchmaker to arrange marriages for them.
- The marriage of her own parents were arranged through a matchmaker and they were married without even meeting each other first.
- This was still a country of matchmakers and arranged marriages, and much pressure was brought to bear.
- The firm is a merger and acquisition matchmaker for companies with market values of $300,000 to $15 million.
- Like business brokers, the matchmakers are unregulated or, at most, loosely regulated.
- She prefers to think of herself as a piano matchmaker.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.