- 1.1 (marriage arranger — woman) celestina (f), casamentera (f); (— man) casamentero (m)More example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] promotor, (masculine, feminine)
More example sentences
- Other men asked a matchmaker to arrange marriages for them.
- The marriage of her own parents were arranged through a matchmaker and they were married without even meeting each other first.
- This was still a country of matchmakers and arranged marriages, and much pressure was brought to bear.
- The firm is a merger and acquisition matchmaker for companies with market values of $300,000 to $15 million.
- Like business brokers, the matchmakers are unregulated or, at most, loosely regulated.
- She prefers to think of herself as a piano matchmaker.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.