Translation of material in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 c and u (used in manufacturing etc) material (masculine) building materials materiales para la construcciónExample sentences1.2
(materials plural)(equipment) material (masculine) teaching materials material (masculine) didáctico writing materials artículos (masculine plural) de escritorioExample sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (people) material (masculine) humano
- Many of the males and a few of the females wear stuff that looks like leather, but most is woven animal fur or plant material of kinds I do not know.
- It is formed from decomposing underground deposits of organic matter such as decaying plant material.
- Gas cylinders contain flammable material - the fire extinguishers put out fires.
- Any money given to the project will be used toward the purchase of materials for the above activities.
- Other icons lead to full construction details plus information about materials and tools.
- Throwing money and materials and implements at the problem is not dealing with the problem.
- He is not teller material or bank material for that matter, but he sure makes me laugh.
- 2 u and c (cloth) tela (feminine), género (masculine), tejido (masculine)Example sentences
- She picked out a plain dress of dark green material and a clean loin cloth.
- He pretended to dust an imaginary piece of lint from the dark material before returning his gaze to the other man.
- He had a piece of dark material masking his face and was wearing a black, cotton casual jacket.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable 3.1 (for book, show etc) material (masculine) 3.2 (potential, quality) this is bestseller material este es un bestseller en potencia she's champion material tiene madera de campeona he's not college material no tiene madera de estudiante universitario, no tiene aptitudes para estudios superioresExample sentences
- Her spiky style and confident handling of the source material creates a book which is more of a literary event than a quiet read.
- Singletons might use it as a dating agency, novelists as material for a book, market researchers as the easiest way to corner unsuspecting prey.
- But, after a considerable amount of said hanging about, he accumulated enough material to write a book.
- The long-player will mix original material with traditional songs and is due out late next month.
- The seven-piece outfit perform Tex-Mex classics, Spanish songs and original material.
- The ensemble often draws its material from narrative folk songs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas