- [person] llorón, sensiblero; [novel] sensiblero, lacrimógeno [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
More example sentences
- He is by turns violent, sentimental, maudlin, self-pitying, and sadistic, and has a fine line in rhetoric.
- I spent the day under a cloud of self-pity and maudlin nostalgia.
- It could have been maudlin and self-pitying, and none of that was there.
- This is a maudlin film about life, love and… well, you get the picture.
- This film is maudlin where the original was tough, antiseptic where the original was gritty.
- However, she left no mark on film history, not one of her films is a work of art and nowhere did she leave an indelible image of an artist who transcended her maudlin material.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...