Translation of maverick in Spanish:
- 1 (person)(Politics)
disidente (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- They want independent minds, mavericks and free thinkers.
- What does the future hold for the band who bill themselves as the independent mavericks in a world of mere cut-outs?
- And yet that same culture would flatter us into believing we are a nation of mavericks and rebels.
poco convencionalExample sentences
- One must be constantly alert to the hazard of maverick cyclists and uneven pavements, and you may suffer a tirade of abuse from those who now own the world, should you criticise them for unsocial behaviour.
- Hollywood is notoriously bad at handling maverick talents, and now it has a potential star on its hands who defies the usual female type of small, skinny, milk-toast Caucasians.
- While I admire maverick clergymen, it takes the guts of the ‘ordinary’ man to go about doing good and decent deeds daily without fanfare.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.