Translation of mayoralty in Spanish:
noun plural -tiesuncountable and countable
- (post)(period of office) mandato (masculine) como alcalde/alcaldesa
intendencia (feminine) (River Plate area)Example sentences
- Positions such as mayoralties are not the property of certain parties to be carved up between them; they're the property of the people.
- His deeper political reason for calling lay in his design to become a candidate for the mayoralty position in Oakland, California.
- If none of the councillors win the mayoralty then three will go.
- He purchased entrance to the franchise in 1350, at the beginning of Robert's first mayoralty.
- The city added 430,000 new jobs during his mayoralty - Gotham's greatest job growth ever.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.