Translation of mayoralty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- (post) alcaldía (feminine), intendencia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (period of office) mandato (masculine) como alcalde/alcaldesa, intendencia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- Positions such as mayoralties are not the property of certain parties to be carved up between them; they're the property of the people.
- His deeper political reason for calling lay in his design to become a candidate for the mayoralty position in Oakland, California.
- If none of the councillors win the mayoralty then three will go.
- He purchased entrance to the franchise in 1350, at the beginning of Robert's first mayoralty.
- The city added 430,000 new jobs during his mayoralty - Gotham's greatest job growth ever.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.