Translation of mayoralty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- (post) alcaldía (feminine), intendencia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (period of office) mandato (masculine) como alcalde/alcaldesa, intendencia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- Positions such as mayoralties are not the property of certain parties to be carved up between them; they're the property of the people.
- His deeper political reason for calling lay in his design to become a candidate for the mayoralty position in Oakland, California.
- If none of the councillors win the mayoralty then three will go.
- He purchased entrance to the franchise in 1350, at the beginning of Robert's first mayoralty.
- The city added 430,000 new jobs during his mayoralty - Gotham's greatest job growth ever.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.