Translation of meager in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scanty, bare)(existence)
precarioExample sentences1.2 (thin, feeble) [literary]
- All the same he would queue up with the other drones for hours to receive his meagre earnings.
- He had laid off some heavy bets recently and his meagre earnings as a postman would not cover them.
- Through the solid floor of the abode, the chill of winter seeped in, fettered little by the meagre warmth provided by the fire.
- She had a slim and meager body, her neck was long, and her cheekbones were easily distinguished.
- She seemed so meagre and weak, like her body had lost that glow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.