Translation of meager in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scanty, bare) [portion/salary/resources] escaso, exiguo; [existence] precarioExample sentences1.2 (thin, feeble) [literary/literario] magro [literary/literario]
- All the same he would queue up with the other drones for hours to receive his meagre earnings.
- He had laid off some heavy bets recently and his meagre earnings as a postman would not cover them.
- Through the solid floor of the abode, the chill of winter seeped in, fettered little by the meagre warmth provided by the fire.
- She had a slim and meager body, her neck was long, and her cheekbones were easily distinguished.
- She seemed so meagre and weak, like her body had lost that glow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to