Translation of meager in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scanty, bare)(existence)Example sentences1.2 (thin, feeble) [literary]
- All the same he would queue up with the other drones for hours to receive his meagre earnings.
- He had laid off some heavy bets recently and his meagre earnings as a postman would not cover them.
- Through the solid floor of the abode, the chill of winter seeped in, fettered little by the meagre warmth provided by the fire.
- She had a slim and meager body, her neck was long, and her cheekbones were easily distinguished.
- She seemed so meagre and weak, like her body had lost that glow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.