Translation of means in Spanish:
noun plural means
- 1 (+ singular verb) 1.1 (method) a means to an endun medio para lograr un finmeans of transport they have the means to do itcuentan con los medios para hacerlothere's no means of finding outno hay manera or forma de saberlosee also→ ways and meansExample sentences1.2 (in phrases) by all means by all means take it, but please bring it back
llévatelo, no faltaba más, pero por favor tráelo de vueltaby no means, not by any meanswe are by no means richno somos ricos ni mucho menosit's not a perfect film by any meansde ninguna manera or de ningún modo es una película perfectaby some means or othersea como seaby means of (as preposition)
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
- 2 [formal] (+ plural verb) (wealth)medios (masculine plural) (económicos)
recursos (masculine plural)(income) ingresos (masculine plural)a woman of meansuna mujer de buena posición económicawe do not have the means to finance itno contamos con los medios or recursos para financiarlothis is beyond the means of many peopleesto no está al alcance de todos los bolsillosthey live beyond their meansllevan un tren de vida que no se pueden costear or que sus ingresos no les permitenExample sentences
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.
- You have had the means under your control for quite some time now.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.