Translation of means in Spanish:
noun plural means
- 1 (+ singular verb) 1.1 (method) a means to an endmeans of transport they have the means to do itun medio para lograr un finthere's no means of finding outcuentan con los medios para hacerlosee also → ways and means 1.2 (in phrases) by all means by all means take it, but please bring it backno hay manera or forma de saberloby no means, not by any meanswe are by no means richllévatelo, no faltaba más, pero por favor tráelo de vueltait's not a perfect film by any meansno somos ricos ni mucho menosby some means or otherde ninguna manera or de ningún modo es una película perfectaby means of (as preposition)sea como seaExample sentences
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
- 2 [formal] (+ plural verb) (wealth)medios (masculine plural) (económicos)recursos (masculine plural)(income)a woman of meansingresos (masculine plural)we do not have the means to finance ituna mujer de buena posición económicathis is beyond the means of many peopleno contamos con los medios or recursos para financiarlothey live beyond their meansesto no está al alcance de todos los bolsillosllevan un tren de vida que no se pueden costear or que sus ingresos no les permitenExample sentences
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.
- You have had the means under your control for quite some time now.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.