- 1.1 u and c (act) medición (feminine) the metric system of measurement el sistema métrico decimalMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (dimension) medida (feminine) leg measurement largo (masculine) de pierna chest measurement contorno (masculine) de pecho waist measurement cintura (feminine), talle (masculine) to take sb's measurements tomarle las medidas a algn
More example sentences
- Strict limits on the ratio of punitive to compensatory damages would elevate the importance of accurate measurement of compensatory harm.
- Lack of accurate audience measurement is a main hold-up.
- Coring also will make crop insurance yield measurement more accurate since it tends to level the surface of the grain in the bin.
- If tree size within an orchard block is variable, then choose the measurements for the average size of the larger trees.
- But some clothes marketers have discovered that they have had to go beyond physical measurements to satisfy consumers with apparel that fits.
- This study looked at 342 men and women older than 65 who did not normally consume high amounts of calcium and whose BMD measurements were average for their age.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.