- 1.1 u c (act) medición (f) the metric system of measurement el sistema métrico decimalMore example sentences1.2 c (dimension) medida (f) leg measurement largo (m) de pierna chest measurement contorno (m) de pecho waist measurement cintura (f), talle (m) to take sb's measurements tomarle las medidas a algn
More example sentences
- Strict limits on the ratio of punitive to compensatory damages would elevate the importance of accurate measurement of compensatory harm.
- Lack of accurate audience measurement is a main hold-up.
- Coring also will make crop insurance yield measurement more accurate since it tends to level the surface of the grain in the bin.
- If tree size within an orchard block is variable, then choose the measurements for the average size of the larger trees.
- But some clothes marketers have discovered that they have had to go beyond physical measurements to satisfy consumers with apparel that fits.
- This study looked at 342 men and women older than 65 who did not normally consume high amounts of calcium and whose BMD measurements were average for their age.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.