Translation of meat in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c carne (feminine) a plate of cold o cooked meats un plato de fiambres the meat and potatoes (American English/inglés norteamericano) lo básico a meat and potatoes repertoire un repertorio básico to be meat and drink to sb ser* la pasión de algn to be strong meat ser* demasiado fuerte one man's meat is another man's poison lo que a uno cura a otro mata (before noun/delante del nombre) meat by-product derivado (masculine) de la carne meat extract extracto (masculine) de carne meat industry industria (feminine) cárnica or de la carne meat pie pastel (masculine) de carne meat product producto (masculine) cárnico or de la carneExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (substance) sustancia (feminine), enjundia (feminine)
- The principal meats were pork, beef, mutton, and sometimes freshwater fish taken from the river.
- The highly processed food and low-quality meats affect the health, both physical and mental, of everyone here.
- He could smell the meats and the foods cooking on the hot plates above him, and he felt his stomach growl.
- Disc Two is where the meat of the supplements is featured.
- They are dialogue-heavy, but they are laying the groundwork for the real meat of the film.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas