Translation of meaty in Spanish:
adjective -tier, -tiest
con mucha carne(rabbit/bone)
con mucha carneExample sentences
- Then she is bustling away, a whirlwind of activity, testing a pot of meaty soup with a spoon that she pulls out of nowhere, sticking a sliver of wood into a rising cake in an open oven to check that it is cooking.
- Nodding furiously, he furiously began to start serving the meaty soup to the peasants.
- In this case, they were far from trendy al dente vegetables and had a rich meaty, sharp flavour, which I would happily have had as a main course.
- 2 (thick)(hands/arms/shoulders)
- I know she would have hated Marie, and that Marie was everything she wasn't, but I think that was kind of the point; French, tall, slightly meaty, and blonde, Marie is nothing like her.
- Barnes slaps his meaty hand over the mouth of a soldier screaming from the searing pain of shrapnel and menacingly commands ‘Take the pain!’
- 3 (having substance)Example sentences
- To attract a cast like that, Mystic River had to offer some meaty roles.
- It also offers Woronov her first meaty film role since Bartel's Scenes From the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills 13 years ago.
- But it lacks the meaty substance of its predecessors, and feels too fluffy, light, and simplistic to truly work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.