Translation of medicine in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (substance) medicamento (masculine), medicina (feminine), remedio (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) to give sb a taste o dose of her/his own medicine pagarle* a algn con la misma moneda to take one's/the medicine he took his medicine like a man apechugó con las consecuencias sin chistar (before noun/delante del nombre) medicine bottle frasco (masculine) de medicina or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) de remedio medicine box o cabinet botiquín (masculine) ([ de medicinas ]) medicine chest botiquín (masculine) medicine dropper cuentagotas (masculine) or (Latin America/América Latina) gotero (masculine) medicinalExample sentences
- Treatments include preventative medicines and those for use in acute attacks.
- If you remain well while on the medicines, the treatment should be continued.
- In less urgent cases, treatment by medicines and vitamins may be a better option.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (science) medicina (feminine) to practice medicine ejercer* la medicina to study medicine estudiar medicinaExample sentences
- He said they planned to take on extra clinicians in respiratory medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- The practice of medicine must comply with modern ethical standards.
- A few of them were practitioners of herbal medicine but most were ordinary, conventional citizens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.