Translation of meeting in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (assembly) reunión (feminine) to hold a meeting celebrar una reunión to call a meeting convocar* una reunión a meeting of shareholders, a shareholders'meeting una reunión or junta de accionistas political meeting mitin (masculine), mítin (masculine) we're having a meeting today to discuss it nos reunimos hoy para discutirlo I have a meeting scheduled with the chairman tengo concertada una reunión con el director the meeting decided to accept the proposals la asamblea decidió or los presentes decidieron aceptar las propuestas Mr Timms is in a meeting el señor Timms está en una reunión or (in Spain also/en España también) está reunido the meeting is adjourned se levanta la sesiónExample sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] oficio (masculine)
- They also became focal points for group discussion and formal meetings.
- Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.
- The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Most meetings for worship in those days were nothing but processions or groups of singers.
- He believed there would be a big impact on parking, already under pressure during the school run and from meetings in the local Quaker Meeting House.
- 2 (encounter) encuentro (masculine); (between presidents, ministers) entrevista (feminine) a chance meeting un encuentro fortuito I remember our last meeting recuerdo la última vez que nos vimos a meeting of minds un consenso (before noun/delante del nombre) their favorite meeting place el lugar donde les gusta ( or gustaba etc) encontrarse meeting point punto (masculine) de reuniónExample sentences
- Without conscious direction there are only chance meetings that create situations between separated beings.
- Diverse characters happen together either by chance or in arranged meetings.
- While there, I've met people I already knew by chance and had chance meetings with new people.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] encuentro (masculine)Example sentences
- Each of the four first-round playoff meetings is a rematch from the regular season.
- When he was in Nathy's they did not get newspapers and did not know about upcoming events such as athletics meetings.
- The Renault Winter Championship meetings will also include races for the AVO Ginetta Cup cars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.