- 1 1.1 (assembly) reunión (feminine) to hold a meeting celebrar una reunión to call a meeting convocar* una reunión a meeting of shareholders, a shareholders'meeting una reunión or junta de accionistas political meeting mitin (masculine), mítin (masculine) we're having a meeting today to discuss it nos reunimos hoy para discutirlo I have a meeting scheduled with the chairman tengo concertada una reunión con el director the meeting decided to accept the proposals la asamblea decidió or los presentes decidieron aceptar las propuestas Mr Timms is in a meeting el señor Timms está en una reunión or (in Spain also/en España también) está reunido the meeting is adjourned se levanta la sesiónMore example sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] oficio (masculine)
More example sentences
- They also became focal points for group discussion and formal meetings.
- Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.
- The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Most meetings for worship in those days were nothing but processions or groups of singers.
- He believed there would be a big impact on parking, already under pressure during the school run and from meetings in the local Quaker Meeting House.
- 2 (encounter) encuentro (masculine) (between presidents, ministers) entrevista (feminine) a chance meeting un encuentro fortuito I remember our last meeting recuerdo la última vez que nos vimos a meeting of minds un consenso (before noun/delante del nombre) their favorite meeting place el lugar donde les gusta ( or gustaba etc) encontrarse meeting point punto (masculine) de reuniónMore example sentences
- Without conscious direction there are only chance meetings that create situations between separated beings.
- Diverse characters happen together either by chance or in arranged meetings.
- While there, I've met people I already knew by chance and had chance meetings with new people.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] encuentro (masculine) athletics meeting competencia (feminine) or (Spain/España) competición (feminine) de atletismo race meeting [Equestrianism/Equitación] jornada (feminine) de carrerasMore example sentences
- Each of the four first-round playoff meetings is a rematch from the regular season.
- When he was in Nathy's they did not get newspapers and did not know about upcoming events such as athletics meetings.
- The Renault Winter Championship meetings will also include races for the AVO Ginetta Cup cars.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.