Translation of meeting in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (assembly) to hold a meetingto call a meetingcelebrar una reunióna meeting of shareholders, a shareholders'meetingconvocar una reuniónpolitical meetinguna reunión or junta de accionistaswe're having a meeting today to discuss itmítin (masculine)I have a meeting scheduled with the chairmannos reunimos hoy para discutirlothe meeting decided to accept the proposalstengo concertada una reunión con el directorMr Timms is in a meetingla asamblea decidió or los presentes decidieron aceptar las propuestasthe meeting is adjournedel señor Timms está en una reunión or (in Spain also) está reunidoExample sentences1.2 (Religion)
- They also became focal points for group discussion and formal meetings.
- Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.
- The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Most meetings for worship in those days were nothing but processions or groups of singers.
- He believed there would be a big impact on parking, already under pressure during the school run and from meetings in the local Quaker Meeting House.
- 2(encounter)(between presidents, ministers)a chance meeting I remember our last meetinga meeting of mindsrecuerdo la última vez que nos vimos(before noun) their favorite meeting placeun consensomeeting pointel lugar donde les gusta ( or gustaba etc) encontrarseExample sentences
- Without conscious direction there are only chance meetings that create situations between separated beings.
- Diverse characters happen together either by chance or in arranged meetings.
- While there, I've met people I already knew by chance and had chance meetings with new people.
- 3(British English) (Sport)Example sentences
- Each of the four first-round playoff meetings is a rematch from the regular season.
- When he was in Nathy's they did not get newspapers and did not know about upcoming events such as athletics meetings.
- The Renault Winter Championship meetings will also include races for the AVO Ginetta Cup cars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the