Translation of meeting in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (assembly) to hold a meetingcelebrar una reuniónto call a meetingconvocar una reunióna meeting of shareholders, a shareholders'meetinguna reunión or junta de accionistaspolitical meetingmitin (masculine)we're having a meeting today to discuss it
mítin (masculine)nos reunimos hoy para discutirloI have a meeting scheduled with the chairmantengo concertada una reunión con el directorthe meeting decided to accept the proposalsla asamblea decidió or los presentes decidieron aceptar las propuestasMr Timms is in a meetingel señor Timms está en una reunión or ( (Spain) tb) está reunidothe meeting is adjournedExample sentences1.2 (Religion)
- They also became focal points for group discussion and formal meetings.
- Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.
- The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Most meetings for worship in those days were nothing but processions or groups of singers.
- He believed there would be a big impact on parking, already under pressure during the school run and from meetings in the local Quaker Meeting House.
- 2(encounter) encuentro (masculine)(between presidents, ministers) entrevista (feminine)a chance meeting I remember our last meetingrecuerdo la última vez que nos vimosa meeting of mindsun consenso(before noun) their favorite meeting placeel lugar donde les gusta ( or gustaba etc) encontrarsemeeting pointExample sentences
- Without conscious direction there are only chance meetings that create situations between separated beings.
- Diverse characters happen together either by chance or in arranged meetings.
- While there, I've met people I already knew by chance and had chance meetings with new people.
- 3 (British English) (Sport)Example sentences
- Each of the four first-round playoff meetings is a rematch from the regular season.
- When he was in Nathy's they did not get newspapers and did not know about upcoming events such as athletics meetings.
- The Renault Winter Championship meetings will also include races for the AVO Ginetta Cup cars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.