Translation of melancholy in Spanish:
- (person/temperament/mood)(sound/news)Example sentences
- But in spite of his melancholy bearing and despondent expression, there were few who could say that they had ever seen a man of more distinguished presence.
- Now she couldn't look back and remember those times without forcing back tears, or battling a melancholy wave of sadness.
- Their melancholy expressions are at odds with the theatrical gaiety of their attire.
- She hung up while Eden still held on, listening to the melancholy sound of the dial tone.
- Sweetened by distance, the melancholy tones of a shepherd's bagpipe drifted on the breeze.
- The Slave Dancer is written through Jessie's eyes, and projects a depressing, melancholy mood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.