Translation of melancholy in Spanish:
- But in spite of his melancholy bearing and despondent expression, there were few who could say that they had ever seen a man of more distinguished presence.
- Now she couldn't look back and remember those times without forcing back tears, or battling a melancholy wave of sadness.
- Their melancholy expressions are at odds with the theatrical gaiety of their attire.
- She hung up while Eden still held on, listening to the melancholy sound of the dial tone.
- Sweetened by distance, the melancholy tones of a shepherd's bagpipe drifted on the breeze.
- The Slave Dancer is written through Jessie's eyes, and projects a depressing, melancholy mood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.