Translation of mellow in Spanish:
adjective mellower, mellowest
- As she recalled, his voice was educated and had a pleasant, mellow tone.
- With its mellow purples, blues, dazzling yellows and reds set in flawless gold the collection is all set to lure you into buying it.
- The mellow flavour of spring onions make them just as adaptable as regular yellow or white onions, but without the tears.
- This is a grape variety which has excellent resistance to disease and rot, but which makes Cabernet Sauvignon look rather mellow.
- I'm making do with a large glass of rather mellow Cabernet Sauvignon and some very yummy soup my flatmate has made out of everything in our fridge.
- He chose a Barbaresco wine 1995 (Italian red, naturally), a wonderfully mellow and aromatic wine which, if you can afford it, is excellent.
- The cliched image of autumn is that it is a fine season of mellow fruits, golden leaves and cool, bracing sunny days, but this has little bearing on the lives of anyone who lives in a town or city.
- Peaches sold in here are generally large, juicy, sweet, mellow, scrumptious, delicious, you get the idea.
- Moist and translucent, it tastes like a mellow orange with a hint of lemon.
- 2 (mature, calm)Example sentences
- The big surprise, of course, was that guy from Japan: Ichiro Suzuki, who captured the fans of two nations with his skillful play and mellow personality.
- And I had seen Jode's mellow personality melt into passion at simply a glance from Cif.
- His reflexes seemed a shade slower than his days in Toronto, and his mellow personality differed from Hasek's intense persona.
moderarse(wine)he has mellowed with age
añejarsese le ha suavizado or endulzado el carácter con los años
se le han limado las aristas con los añosExample sentences
- Perhaps it would be a good thing that I've matured and mellowed some, I don't know.
- Later as the evening mellows, she talks some more of her work and family.
- But during the course of their journey the tension between the two mellows as they begin to learn something about each other's background and hopes for the future.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.