Translation of mellow in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1.1 [fruit] maduro; [wine] añejo; [sound/voice] dulce, melodioso; [light/color] tenue, suaveExample sentences
- As she recalled, his voice was educated and had a pleasant, mellow tone.
- With its mellow purples, blues, dazzling yellows and reds set in flawless gold the collection is all set to lure you into buying it.
- The mellow flavour of spring onions make them just as adaptable as regular yellow or white onions, but without the tears.
Example sentences1.2 (mature, calm) [person/mood] apacible, sosegado
- This is a grape variety which has excellent resistance to disease and rot, but which makes Cabernet Sauvignon look rather mellow.
- I'm making do with a large glass of rather mellow Cabernet Sauvignon and some very yummy soup my flatmate has made out of everything in our fridge.
- He chose a Barbaresco wine 1995 (Italian red, naturally), a wonderfully mellow and aromatic wine which, if you can afford it, is excellent.
Example sentences1.3 (from alcohol) the wine had made him mellow el vino lo había hecho más afable
- The cliched image of autumn is that it is a fine season of mellow fruits, golden leaves and cool, bracing sunny days, but this has little bearing on the lives of anyone who lives in a town or city.
- Peaches sold in here are generally large, juicy, sweet, mellow, scrumptious, delicious, you get the idea.
- Moist and translucent, it tastes like a mellow orange with a hint of lemon.
- The big surprise, of course, was that guy from Japan: Ichiro Suzuki, who captured the fans of two nations with his skillful play and mellow personality.
- And I had seen Jode's mellow personality melt into passion at simply a glance from Cif.
- His reflexes seemed a shade slower than his days in Toronto, and his mellow personality differed from Hasek's intense persona.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- suavizar* age had mellowed him la edad le había suavizado or endulzado el carácter, la edad le había limado las aristas
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.