derretirse(metal/wax)the candy melted in his mouth
fundirseel caramelo se le deshizo or se le disolvió en la bocaExample sentences
- This snow didn't melt as soon as it touched you… it stuck to your skin and sat there before slowly melting away.
- The blizzards had ceased three days ago and the remaining snow was swiftly melting away in the face of the late January sun.
- It was all covered in white frost, glinting and melting away with the first rays of the sun, making it a perfect picture for a postcard.
- 2 (become mild, gentle)(person)
ablandarse(anger)he melted in her arms
desaparecerse derritió en sus brazosExample sentences
- I would just look into his beautiful eyes and melt.
- Jadelyn followed his gaze and nearly melted at the tenderness with which he looked at his sister and how protective he was of her.
- It was a smile Elizabeth had never seen on her husband's face before; one so full of love and tenderness that her heart melted.
- Without another word, he vanished, melted away into the shadows, which slowly began to dissolve.
- Rowena's frown melted away as she sensed the air cooling dramatically.
- After listening to a five-minute speech outside County Hall - empty of staff for the bank holiday - they melted away as peacefully as they had come.
- 1 (liquefy)(snow/butter)
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object
(resistance/opposition)they melted away into the woods
desaparecieron ocultándose en el bosque
(gold/coins/jewelry)2verb + adverb (in nuclear reactor)
- (American English)(hamburguesa o sándwich con queso derretido por encima)Example sentences
- There is also a range of light meals (such as tuna melt or steak 'n' cheese sandwiches), plus desserts.
- Also included are keema and peas with naan bread, vine tomato and mozzarella melt, tuna salad and chicken curry.
- Patty, the vegetarian, shared a tuna melt with Molly and later they felt ill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.