Translation of meltdown in Spanish:
- 1 [Physics/Física][ fusión accidental del núcleo de un reactor ]Example sentences
- I was 21 years old and it was three days after the partial meltdown of the reactor core.
- Some nuclear critics had asserted that a core meltdown would inevitably breach containment.
- A year ago one of the company's nuclear plants came dangerously close to a core meltdown.
- 2 [Finance] (crash) colapso (masculine), debacle (feminine)Example sentences
- It's been a long time since I've had a major meltdown, and this time it was just about a puppy.
- Perhaps the most critical lesson learned from last year, however, is the heavy price corporate reputations pay for such meltdowns.
- While no one expects hedge-fund values to be listed in the daily newspapers, everyone would be relieved if fewer meltdowns appeared in the headlines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas