- 1 [Phys]fusión accidental del núcleo de un reactorMore example sentences
- I was 21 years old and it was three days after the partial meltdown of the reactor core.
- Some nuclear critics had asserted that a core meltdown would inevitably breach containment.
- A year ago one of the company's nuclear plants came dangerously close to a core meltdown.
- 2 [Fin] (crash) colapso (m), debacle (f)More example sentences
- It's been a long time since I've had a major meltdown, and this time it was just about a puppy.
- Perhaps the most critical lesson learned from last year, however, is the heavy price corporate reputations pay for such meltdowns.
- While no one expects hedge-fund values to be listed in the daily newspapers, everyone would be relieved if fewer meltdowns appeared in the headlines.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)