Translation of member in Spanish:
- 1 (of committee, jury, board, international organization) miembro (masculine and feminine); (of club) socio, (masculine, feminine); (of church) feligrés, (masculine, feminine) member of staff (of company) empleado, (masculine, feminine) member of the teaching staff miembro (masculine and feminine) del personal docente, profesor, (masculine, feminine) a member of the crew un miembro or integrante de la tripulación he's a member of the party/union está afiliado al partido/sindicato a member of the European Parliament un eurodiputado, un miembro del Parlamento Europeo a member of the House of Representatives un diputado, un miembro de la Cámara de Representantes or Diputados the member for Rye (in UK) el diputado por Rye several members of the audience walked out varios espectadores or varios de los asistentes se retiraron de la sala they received a complaint from a member of the public recibieron una queja de un particular or ciudadano the offer is open to any member of the public la oferta está abierta al público en general they treat me like a member of the family me tratan como si fuera de la familia Romania is a member of the EU Rumanía es miembro de la UE (before noun/delante del nombre) member states países (masculine plural) miembrosExample sentences
- He possesses impressive legal credentials and is a fellow member of the Federalist Society.
- I was an active member of the Tolkien Society at the time of the first film.
- At university, I was an active member of a society for magicians.
- 2 2.1 (limb) [archaic] miembro (masculine) male member [euphemistic/eufemístico] miembro (masculine) viril [euphemistic/eufemístico] 2.2 [Constr] viga (feminine)Example sentences
- If main structural members are to be cut the load must be carried by temporary braces.
- Hardwire can even be used on structural steel members to increase their capacity.
- Furthermore the use of bracing using diagonal members to make a structure stiff was well known.
- The skeleton, which is formed by the union of about 200 bones, is divided like the body into head, trunk, and members.
- It is very clearly apparent from the admonitions of Galen how great is the usefulness of a knowledge of the bones, since the bones are the foundation of the rest of the parts of the body and all the members rest upon them and are supported, as proceeding from a primary base.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know Mexico City has twenty daily newspapers? The morning daily Excelsior (www.excelsior.com.mx), established in 1917, is often considered the nation's best and one of the most important newspapers of the Spanish-speaking world. La Jornada is another important daily, and there is an English-language daily, The News.