Translation of member in Spanish:
- 1 (of committee, jury, board, international organization)(of club)socio, (-cia) (masculine, feminine)(of church)member of staff (of company)feligrés, (-gresa) (masculine, feminine)member of the teaching staffempleado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)a member of the crewmiembro (masculine and feminine) del personal docenteprofesor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)he's a member of the party/unionun miembro or integrante de la tripulacióna member of the European Parliamentestá afiliado al partido/sindicatoa member of the House of Representativesun eurodiputadoun miembro del Parlamento Europeothe member for Rye (in UK)un diputadoun miembro de la Cámara de Representantes or Diputadosseveral members of the audience walked outel diputado por Ryethey received a complaint from a member of the publicvarios espectadores or varios de los asistentes se retiraron de la salathe offer is open to any member of the publicrecibieron una queja de un particular or ciudadanothey treat me like a member of the familyla oferta está abierta al público en generalRomania is a member of the EUme tratan como si fuera de la familia(before noun) member statesRumanía es miembro de la UEpaíses (masculine plural) miembrosExample sentences
- He possesses impressive legal credentials and is a fellow member of the Federalist Society.
- I was an active member of the Tolkien Society at the time of the first film.
- At university, I was an active member of a society for magicians.
- 2 2.1 (limb) [archaic] male member [euphemistic] 2.2 (Constr)Example sentences
- If main structural members are to be cut the load must be carried by temporary braces.
- Hardwire can even be used on structural steel members to increase their capacity.
- Furthermore the use of bracing using diagonal members to make a structure stiff was well known.
- The skeleton, which is formed by the union of about 200 bones, is divided like the body into head, trunk, and members.
- It is very clearly apparent from the admonitions of Galen how great is the usefulness of a knowledge of the bones, since the bones are the foundation of the rest of the parts of the body and all the members rest upon them and are supported, as proceeding from a primary base.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.