Translation of member in Spanish:
- 1 (of committee, jury, board, international organization)(of club) socio, (-cia) (masculine, feminine)(of church) feligrés, (-gresa) (masculine, feminine)member of staff (of company)empleado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)member of the teaching staffmiembro (masculine and feminine) del personal docentea member of the crew
profesor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)un miembro or integrante de la tripulaciónhe's a member of the party/unionestá afiliado al partido/sindicatoa member of the European Parliamentun eurodiputadoa member of the House of Representatives
un miembro del Parlamento Europeoun diputadothe member for Rye (in UK)
un miembro de la Cámara de Representantes or Diputadosel diputado por Ryeseveral members of the audience walked outvarios espectadores or varios de los asistentes se retiraron de la salathey received a complaint from a member of the publicrecibieron una queja de un particular or ciudadanothe offer is open to any member of the publicla oferta está abierta al público en generalthey treat me like a member of the familyme tratan como si fuera de la familiaRomania is a member of the EURumanía es miembro de la UE(before noun) member statespaíses (masculine plural) miembrosExample sentences
- He possesses impressive legal credentials and is a fellow member of the Federalist Society.
- I was an active member of the Tolkien Society at the time of the first film.
- At university, I was an active member of a society for magicians.
- 2 2.1 (limb) [archaic] male member [euphemistic]Example sentences2.2 (Constr)
- The skeleton, which is formed by the union of about 200 bones, is divided like the body into head, trunk, and members.
- It is very clearly apparent from the admonitions of Galen how great is the usefulness of a knowledge of the bones, since the bones are the foundation of the rest of the parts of the body and all the members rest upon them and are supported, as proceeding from a primary base.
- If main structural members are to be cut the load must be carried by temporary braces.
- Hardwire can even be used on structural steel members to increase their capacity.
- Furthermore the use of bracing using diagonal members to make a structure stiff was well known.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.