Translation of membership in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (being a member) membership of the club is restricted to residentssolo los residentes pueden hacerse socios del clubto apply for membershipsolicitar el ingreso or la admisión en un club ( or partido etc. )she gave up her party membershipdejó de pertenecer al partidomembership of or (US also) in the EU has brought many benefitsel pertenecer a la UE ha reportado muchos beneficios(before noun) membership fee(s) membership listlista (feminine) de socios ( or afiliados etc. )Example sentences
- If you do not have the new plastic bar-coded membership card please come in and sign up.
- I'll hand in my membership card and become a monk, take the vow and never return.
- They do not carry membership cards, they have not taken any oath of allegiance.
- 2 countable (members) (+ singular or plural verb)socios (masculine plural) ( or afiliados (masculine plural) etc. )(number of members) número (masculine) de socios ( or afiliados etc. )the entire membership voted againsttodos los miembros ( or afiliados etc. ) votaron en contrathe society has a membership of 2,000la sociedad tiene más de 2.000 sociosla sociedad tiene una membresía de más de 2.000 (Latin America) [formal]Example sentences
- These standing committees had a fluctuating membership and no subject specialism.
- Promoters were boasting a membership of more than 700 even before the concrete was dry.
- The rules and regulations of a club membership are something you are either built to fit in with or take flight from.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.