Translation of memorial in Spanish:
- monumento (masculine) memorial
tosb/sth monumento aalgn/algo it was built as a memorial to the fallen fue construido a la memoria or en memoria de los caídosExample sentences
- At the junction of the two stands London's only cross-eyed statue, a memorial to 18th century libertarian John Wilkes.
- I'd expected to see looted shops, broken glass, and a lot of mess, but it really was shocking to see the Cenotaph, a memorial to Britain's war-dead, daubed with graffiti.
- The anchor was raised some years ago near Boatstrand and has now been mounted on the pier with an appropriate plaque as a memorial to its ill-fated captain and crew.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [plaque/service] conmemorativo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.