n (plural -ries)
- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (faculty) memoria (feminine) if (my) memory serves me right si mal no recuerdo, si la memoria no me falla to recite/play sth from memory recitar/tocar* algo de memoria to have a good/poor o bad memory tener* buena/mala memoria [Education/Educación] tener* mucha/poca retentiva I've no memory for faces no soy buen fisonomista loss of memory pérdida (feminine) de la memoria [Medicine/Medicina] amnesia (feminine) to have a memory like a sieve tener* la cabeza como un colador, tener* muy mala memoria memory lane to take a trip o stroll down memory lane rememorar el pasado 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (period) it all took place within living memory todo sucedió en nuestro tiempo the worst storm in living memory la peor tormenta que se recuerde or de que se tenga memoriaMore example sentences
- After one of the most hectic holiday seasons in recent memory, many of us have settled in for equally hectic work schedules.
- So here it is: the opening salvo in what looks to be the worst summer-movie season in recent memory.
- But, even in adults, memory for recent events is transient unless it is refreshed by rehearsal.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (recollection) recuerdo (masculine) to have a vague/vivid memory of sth/sb tener* un recuerdo vago/vívido de algo/algn she has fond/unhappy memories of her childhood tiene gratos/malos recuerdos de su infancia I have no memory of it no lo recuerdo his memory will live on su recuerdo permanecerá vivo 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (remembrance) memoria (feminine) in memory of sb a la memoria or en memoria de algn in memory of sth en conmemoración de algo we do this in his memory hacemos esto en memoria suya our dear mother of blessed memory [formal] nuestra querida madre, que en gloria estéMore example sentences
More example sentences
- A candlelit vigil took place in Huyton last night, one week after the alleged assault, to honour the dead teenager's memory.
- The memory of the dead is respected, by visitor and host alike.
- I've instructed all agencies to honor their memory by treating the dead with the dignity and respect they deserve.
- I have no recollection of my past memories, except periodic flashbacks of my previous life.
- What happened during that week was just a bad memory in the past.
- Imagine groggily waking up in a strange house, surrounded by unfamiliar faces, with not a single memory of the past ten hours.
- 3 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Computing/Informática] memoria (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- During an initialization phase, an access code is stored in a memory of a computer system.
- When the light pulse stops, its information is suspended and stored, just as information is stored in the memory of a computer.
- A reconnaissance satellite, placed into orbit years ago, captures the entire scene in its computer memory.
- There is a virtual hard drive available in the Internet with plenty of memory to store personal information.
- The latest MP3 technology compresses all superfluous parts of a sound signal to reduce the amount of memory needed to store digital information.
- Depending on the level, you will have different amounts of system memory in which to store your subroutines.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.