Translation of mend in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Clothing)(darn) zurcir(patch) remendar(shoe)
arreglarExample sentences1.2 that shelf needs mending
hay que arreglar or reparar ese estante1.3 (set to rights) she tried to mend matterstrató de arreglar las cosasto mend one's waysenmendarseyou need to mend your manners [dated]tienes que corregir tus modales→ say 1 1
- The faulty shearing machines are repaired, the broken cobbles are mended and the new by-pass built.
- The crucially important thing now is that whatever fences were damaged or knocked are mended and rebuilt, and that we get on with the forthcoming challenges with a united front.
- It was not easy to find people to mend your shoes, repair your broken zipper or anything else that might be of minor importance but that is necessary for daily life.
- 1 (heal)(injury)
curarse(fracture/bone)the rift between them had still not mended
soldarsesus desavenencias aún no se habían zanjadoExample sentences
- I felt much better than I had earlier that day, my bones mending and bruises healing.
- A technique called pulse magnetic therapy is used to heal broken bones that won't mend under plaster, and it has also been shown to help with arthritis.
- Fractured vertebrae do heal, but they become compressed, and may mend in a wedge shape.
- (darn) zurcido (masculine)to be on the mend [colloquial]ir mejorando
estar reponiéndoseExample sentences
- A devout cowboy lost his favourite Bible while he was mending fences out on the range.
- Subsequently, the mend in the fabric had parted and the rent now revealed a knee with well-preserved skin covering some musculature.
- There is a mend in the seam section on the bias and the seam running underneath the bust needs some stitch re-enforcement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.