Translation of mend in Spanish:
- 1 (Clothing)(darn) zurcir(patch) remendar(shoe)
- The faulty shearing machines are repaired, the broken cobbles are mended and the new by-pass built.
- The crucially important thing now is that whatever fences were damaged or knocked are mended and rebuilt, and that we get on with the forthcoming challenges with a united front.
- It was not easy to find people to mend your shoes, repair your broken zipper or anything else that might be of minor importance but that is necessary for daily life.
- 3 (set to rights) she tried to mend matterstrató de arreglar las cosasto mend one's waysenmendarseyou need to mend your manners [dated]tienes que corregir tus modales→ say 1 1
- 1 (heal)(injury)
curarse(fracture/bone)the rift between them had still not mended
soldarsesus desavenencias aún no se habían zanjadoExample sentences
- I felt much better than I had earlier that day, my bones mending and bruises healing.
- A technique called pulse magnetic therapy is used to heal broken bones that won't mend under plaster, and it has also been shown to help with arthritis.
- Fractured vertebrae do heal, but they become compressed, and may mend in a wedge shape.
- (darn) zurcido (masculine)to be on the mend [colloquial]ir mejorando
estar reponiéndoseExample sentences
- A devout cowboy lost his favourite Bible while he was mending fences out on the range.
- Subsequently, the mend in the fabric had parted and the rent now revealed a knee with well-preserved skin covering some musculature.
- There is a mend in the seam section on the bias and the seam running underneath the bust needs some stitch re-enforcement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.