Translation of mercurial in Spanish:
- 1 [person/temperament] voluble, volátil; [wit] vivoExample sentences
- Nor does she depict adolescence as a period of mental instability, characterized by mercurial moods and impulsive, self-gratifying actions.
- He grinned briefly in a mercurial change of mood.
- The mercurial singer-songwriter's mood is as unpredictable as Halifax weather and each night's performance lives and dies on which attitude the capricious star brings to the rink.
- 2 [Chemistry/Química] [Pharmacology/Farmacología] (before noun/delante del nombre) [compound/preparation] mercúrico, mercurialExample sentences
- The mercurial bromide was re-extracted and analyzed by capillary gas chromatography/electron capture detector, using an internal standard for quantification.
- These mercurial chemicals are never taken lightly.
- Brownish-black may indicate chronic mercurial poisoning caused by the formation of sulfide of mercury in the tissues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.