Translation of merrily in Spanish:
- 1.1 (joyfully)(laugh/sing/dance)
alegrementeExample sentences1.2 (unconcernedly)
- she laughs merrily, seemingly delighted by this little piece of knowledge.
- As only she could, Violet had noticed how Althia's reading of them irked him and gleefully added more salt to the wound by laughing merrily whenever she spoke.
- As Nicholas and Colette gaily threw horseshoes, laughing merrily and cheering the other on, Caroline stood at the back.
- No-man's time, we landed in, missing both event and consequence, simply trailing merrily down the steps at eight o'clock on a balmy summer morning.
- We're supposed to hear these questions and nod sagely and smugly, concurring that of course the answer to each of these dumb questions is no - and then trot out merrily and buy a car.
- Meaning that staff in two thirds of the local eating establishments are merrily skipping back from their toilet breaks without washing their hands, then picking up handfuls of ice and dropping it into my Bacardi and cokes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.