- 1.1 (carousel) carrusel (m), tiovivo (m) (Esp) , calesita (f) (Per, RPl)More example sentences1.2 (frenetic activity) vorágine (f)
More example sentences
- Despite " modernisation " of the city, primitive amusement rides like manual merry-go-rounds and " giant " wheels proved a big hit with children.
- Instead, after a little fight with Phoebe, Holden ends up accompanying her to the park and watching as she rides the merry-go-round, stretching from her wooden horse to reach a prized brass ring.
- Waltzers, dodgems, helter-skelters and one or two old fashioned merry-go-rounds with properly painted horses.
- Without context we end up on a merry-go-round of activity and movement that never seems to get us to where we want to be.
- Fund management is a merry-go-round with what talent there is often on the move.
- So the merry-go-round of pseudo-debate will continue.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.