Translation of merry-go-round in Spanish:
- 1.1 (carousel) carrusel (masculine), tiovivo (masculine) (Spain/España) , calesita (feminine) (Peru/Perú) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (frenetic activity) vorágine (feminine)
- Despite " modernisation " of the city, primitive amusement rides like manual merry-go-rounds and " giant " wheels proved a big hit with children.
- Instead, after a little fight with Phoebe, Holden ends up accompanying her to the park and watching as she rides the merry-go-round, stretching from her wooden horse to reach a prized brass ring.
- Waltzers, dodgems, helter-skelters and one or two old fashioned merry-go-rounds with properly painted horses.
- Without context we end up on a merry-go-round of activity and movement that never seems to get us to where we want to be.
- Fund management is a merry-go-round with what talent there is often on the move.
- So the merry-go-round of pseudo-debate will continue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.