- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (opening) malla (feminine) a broad/fine mesh malla abierta/finaMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (material) malla (feminine) wire mesh tela (feminine) or malla (feminine) metálica, tejido (masculine) metálico (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , anjeo (masculine) (Colombia)
More example sentences
- The Bird Castle offers protection to smaller birds which can enter through the two-inch mesh, but the holes are small enough to keep out cats or birds of prey like kestrels.
- Particles can stick to collagen fibrils or they can be hindered by the size of the mesh spacing between the fibrils.
- When the net is close to the shore the men pull quickly to land the bag of the net, which traps the fish in its 4-inch mesh.
- They have been ordered to fence off the funfair from the hazardous buildings with a two metre high wire mesh fence.
- The 30 ft long wire mesh fence - similar to those used at tennis courts - is a last-ditch attempt to end more than five years of harassment from a gang of youths.
- Activist documents gave detailed instructions on how to cut through the toughest of wire mesh fences.
- 2 [Mech] engranaje (masculine) out of mesh desengranado
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.