Translation of metallic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of, containing metal)(element/compound)1.2 (suggesting metal)(color/sound/taste)Example sentences
- But in any case there is no such thing - chlorine is simply not an element that can form a metallic alloy, as opposed to an ionic compound with a metal.
- As a result, some of the elements of the metal or alloy change from a metallic state into a non-metallic state.
- The reduced metal typically forms a metallic alloy on the cathode.
- He heard a sharp, metallic sound that made his blood run cold through his veins.
- It reached back, pulling out a sword with the sound of metal on the sheath, a ringing, metallic sound that foretold doom.
- At that precise moment, a gong near the entrance way was sounded, the metallic clang echoing around the Great Hall.
- Trochilines often have iridescent feathers of metallic red, orange, green and blue.
- The latter mineral, a sulphide of iron, has a shiny metallic lustre and was often mistaken for gold itself: it is the infamous fool's gold.
- Her fur, a deep blue-grey, had a softness that belied its almost metallic lustre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the