Translation of metallic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of, containing metal)(element/compound)1.2 (suggesting metal)(color/sound/taste)Example sentences
- But in any case there is no such thing - chlorine is simply not an element that can form a metallic alloy, as opposed to an ionic compound with a metal.
- As a result, some of the elements of the metal or alloy change from a metallic state into a non-metallic state.
- The reduced metal typically forms a metallic alloy on the cathode.
- He heard a sharp, metallic sound that made his blood run cold through his veins.
- It reached back, pulling out a sword with the sound of metal on the sheath, a ringing, metallic sound that foretold doom.
- At that precise moment, a gong near the entrance way was sounded, the metallic clang echoing around the Great Hall.
- Trochilines often have iridescent feathers of metallic red, orange, green and blue.
- The latter mineral, a sulphide of iron, has a shiny metallic lustre and was often mistaken for gold itself: it is the infamous fool's gold.
- Her fur, a deep blue-grey, had a softness that belied its almost metallic lustre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.