Translation of metallic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of, containing metal) [element/compound] metálico 1.2 (suggesting metal) [color/sound/taste] metálicoExample sentences
- But in any case there is no such thing - chlorine is simply not an element that can form a metallic alloy, as opposed to an ionic compound with a metal.
- As a result, some of the elements of the metal or alloy change from a metallic state into a non-metallic state.
- The reduced metal typically forms a metallic alloy on the cathode.
- He heard a sharp, metallic sound that made his blood run cold through his veins.
- It reached back, pulling out a sword with the sound of metal on the sheath, a ringing, metallic sound that foretold doom.
- At that precise moment, a gong near the entrance way was sounded, the metallic clang echoing around the Great Hall.
- Trochilines often have iridescent feathers of metallic red, orange, green and blue.
- The latter mineral, a sulphide of iron, has a shiny metallic lustre and was often mistaken for gold itself: it is the infamous fool's gold.
- Her fur, a deep blue-grey, had a softness that belied its almost metallic lustre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.