Translation of metallic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of, containing metal) [element/compound] metálico 1.2 (suggesting metal) [color/sound/taste] metálicoExample sentences
- But in any case there is no such thing - chlorine is simply not an element that can form a metallic alloy, as opposed to an ionic compound with a metal.
- As a result, some of the elements of the metal or alloy change from a metallic state into a non-metallic state.
- The reduced metal typically forms a metallic alloy on the cathode.
- He heard a sharp, metallic sound that made his blood run cold through his veins.
- It reached back, pulling out a sword with the sound of metal on the sheath, a ringing, metallic sound that foretold doom.
- At that precise moment, a gong near the entrance way was sounded, the metallic clang echoing around the Great Hall.
- Trochilines often have iridescent feathers of metallic red, orange, green and blue.
- The latter mineral, a sulphide of iron, has a shiny metallic lustre and was often mistaken for gold itself: it is the infamous fool's gold.
- Her fur, a deep blue-grey, had a softness that belied its almost metallic lustre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the