Translation of meteoric in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [fragment] de meteorito meteoric rock piedra (feminine) meteóricaExample sentences1.2 (swift) [rise/progress/career] meteórico
- At this early point in the history of the Solar System, meteoric bombardment was intense, and it would have continually opened new holes in the crust, immediately filled by magma.
- Heavy metal is siderion, something made of meteoric iron.
- In general, the Earth encounters richer meteoric activity during the second half of the year.
- But with their meteoric rise to fame, we'd better get used to being this week's Williamsburg, despite the rumour that they've already moved to New York.
- What isn't so typical, though, is the meteoric rise and subsequent slow decline of a man much imitated, never duplicated and unrivaled at his instrument.
- His meteoric rise did encounter a few setbacks and some bad investment decisions, but he has managed to bounce back with his latest creation in the soft toy line: a stuffed deer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.