Translation of meteoric in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [fragment] de meteorito meteoric rock piedra (feminine) meteóricaExample sentences1.2 (swift) [rise/progress/career] meteórico
- At this early point in the history of the Solar System, meteoric bombardment was intense, and it would have continually opened new holes in the crust, immediately filled by magma.
- Heavy metal is siderion, something made of meteoric iron.
- In general, the Earth encounters richer meteoric activity during the second half of the year.
- But with their meteoric rise to fame, we'd better get used to being this week's Williamsburg, despite the rumour that they've already moved to New York.
- What isn't so typical, though, is the meteoric rise and subsequent slow decline of a man much imitated, never duplicated and unrivaled at his instrument.
- His meteoric rise did encounter a few setbacks and some bad investment decisions, but he has managed to bounce back with his latest creation in the soft toy line: a stuffed deer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.