- (British English) → meter1 , → meter2Example sentences
- The oddest thing was losing the feet and inches and changing to metres and centimetres.
- Squid come in all sizes, from a centimetre to over a metre in length, and the life cycles of different species vary greatly.
- Individual coal balls range from a few centimetres to over a metre in length.
- For in addition to these more typical forms one finds catalogued in EV an amazing variety of stanzaic forms, line lengths, meters, and rhyme schemes.
- His first works are called the Eclogues, a collection of pastoral poetry done in the same meter as the Aeneid (dactylic hexameter).
- You are constrained by a specific meter, a specific rhyme scheme, and a specific length.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.