- (British English) → meter1 , → meter2Example sentences
- The oddest thing was losing the feet and inches and changing to metres and centimetres.
- Squid come in all sizes, from a centimetre to over a metre in length, and the life cycles of different species vary greatly.
- Individual coal balls range from a few centimetres to over a metre in length.
- For in addition to these more typical forms one finds catalogued in EV an amazing variety of stanzaic forms, line lengths, meters, and rhyme schemes.
- His first works are called the Eclogues, a collection of pastoral poetry done in the same meter as the Aeneid (dactylic hexameter).
- You are constrained by a specific meter, a specific rhyme scheme, and a specific length.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to