Translation of metro in Spanish:
noun plural -ros
- (Railways, Transport)Example sentences
- A good example of this is the map of an underground railway system or metro.
- Neville said Data Display had other major contracts with the Paris metro, the London underground, and rail systems in Lisbon, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
- In the city, getting around is relatively easy with the metro and tram system.
- (before noun) (American English) metro editionedición (feminine) metropolitanaExample sentences
- The recommendations were based on analyses of commercial strips along three corridors in the Washington, D.C., metro area.
- Rankings of 63 metro areas reporting populations 250,000 to 500,000 in the 2000 Census
- Only the Multnomah Co. and Lane Co. metro areas voted Blue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.