- 1 [Physics/Física] [Telecom] microonda (feminine)More example sentences
- Nor could you know whether it has an electromagnetic field or whether it is strongly emitting gamma rays, X rays, ultraviolet radiation, microwaves, or radio waves.
- The catch is that radar uses radio waves in the microwave frequency range, or approximately one centimeter in wavelength.
- Other examples of the non-ionizing part of the electromagnetic spectrum include AM and FM radio waves, microwaves, and infrared waves from heat lamps.
- 2microwave (oven) (horno (masculine) de) microondas (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) microwave dinner[ comida preparada para calentar* o cocinar en horno de microondas ]
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.