Translation of middle distance in Spanish:
- (in picture, photo) segundo plano (masculine)Example sentences
- Bathed in an opalescent haze in the middle distance, they stand watch and wait their turn.
- Interestingly though, his solo is kept in the middle distance with Harries and France dominating the foreground.
- Nearby, a middle aged woman stares vacantly into the middle distance as a young girl walks past on her way to the shops, where workers are unlocking doors and switching off alarms.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [running/race] de medio fondo middle-distance runner mediofondista (masculine and feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.