- 1.1 (area) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m) (before n) midfield player centrocampista (mf), mediocampista (mf) midfield stripe (in US football) línea (f) centralMore example sentences1.2 (players) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m)
More example sentences
- Danny Carroll was switched from the midfield to centre-half for the last two games.
- With the injured Paul Warhurst absent, Paul Scholes had a field day in midfield.
- The midfield area is one that could decide the outcome of the game.
- Their central midfield was notable more for foraging than contributions in attack.
- Far from being an entertaining contest, it was one that the defences and midfields dominated.
- Aided by the midfield, the Kirkby defence managed to weather the initial storm.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.