Translation of midfield in Spanish:
- 1.1 (area) centro (masculine) del campo, mediocampo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) midfield player centrocampista (masculine and feminine), mediocampista (masculine and feminine) midfield stripe (in US football) línea (feminine) centralExample sentences1.2 (players) centro (masculine) del campo, mediocampo (masculine)
- Danny Carroll was switched from the midfield to centre-half for the last two games.
- With the injured Paul Warhurst absent, Paul Scholes had a field day in midfield.
- The midfield area is one that could decide the outcome of the game.
- Their central midfield was notable more for foraging than contributions in attack.
- Far from being an entertaining contest, it was one that the defences and midfields dominated.
- Aided by the midfield, the Kirkby defence managed to weather the initial storm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the